We would like to also take this opportunity to stress the importance of self isolating if you are experiencing any flu like symptoms and to remind everyone to practice social distancing.
Information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and BC's roll out plan, please visit the below resources:
Pre-registration opens March 2021. There will be two options to pre-register:
- By Phone
- Health-care facility staff for COVID-19 patients in settings like Intensive Care Units, COVID-19 wards and emergency departments
- Long-term care residents and staff
- Indigenous people living in rural or remote communities
- High risk people living in group settings like shelters
- People over 85 years old
- Seniors aged 80 and over who were not immunized in Phase 1
- Indigenous seniors age 65 and over
- Hospital staff, community family physicians (GPs) and medical specialists not immunized in Phase 1
- Vulnerable populations living and working in select congregated settings
- Staff in community home support and nursing services for seniors
- People aged 79 to 60 in five year increments:
- 79 to 75 (D1 April, D2 May)
- 74 to 70 (D1 April/May, D2 May/June)
- 69 to 65 (D1 May/June, D2 June/July)
- 64 to 60 (D1 June, D2 July)
- People aged 59 to 18 in five year increments.
- 59 to 55 (D1 July, D2 August)
- 54 to 50 (D1 July, D2 August)
- 49 to 50 (D1 July, D2 August)
- 44 to 40 (D1 July/August, D2 August/September)
- 39 to 35 (D1 July/August, D2 August/September)
- 34 to 30 (D1 August, D2 September)
- 29 to 25 (D1 August/September, D2 September)
- 24 to 18 (D1 and D2 September)
What is it?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses found mostly in animals. In humans, they can cause diseases ranging form the common cold to more severe diseases such as Severe Respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV). The new coronavirus has been named COVID-19.
Do you have a fever, new onset or worsening of a chronic cough, have travelled in the last 14 days and/or have had contact with a known case of COVID-19? Take this survey to see if you need testing: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
You can contact the Island Health testing centre directly at 1-844-901-8442 if testing is indicated or call the office to schedule a telehealth appointment with your physician.