We acknowledge that contacting the office is difficult at this time due to the higher than normal call volume. The best time to call is:
8:30am - 10:00am and 2:00pm - 3:30pm Monday to Thursday
8:30am - 12:00pm on Fridays
Please have patients and continue to call. All calls received between 8:30 am - 3:30 pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30 am - 12:00 pm Fridays will be answered
22 May 2021 - Closed
Born Information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and BC's roll out plan, please visit the below resources:
- Indigenous people age 18 and over can call anytime
- Born 1936 and earlier can call anytime
- Born 1942 and earlier can call anytime
- People aged 79 to 60 in five year increments:
- Born 1943 and earlier can call starting 12PM 22 Mar 2021
- Born 1944 and earlier can call starting 12PM 23 Mar 2021
- Born 1945 and earlier can call starting 12PM 24 Mar 2021
- Born 1946 and earlier can call starting 12PM 25 Mar 2021
- Born 1947 and earlier can call starting 12PM 26 Mar 2021
- Born 1951 and earlier can register starting 1 April 2021
- Born 1956 and earlier can register starting 7 April 2021
- Born 1961 and earlier can register starting 10 April 2021
- People aged 59 to 18 in five year increments.
- Born 1966 and earlier can register starting 12 April 2021
- Born 1971 and earlier can register starting 14 April 2021
- Born 1976 and earlier can register starting 16 April 2021
- Born 1981 and earlier can register starting 19 April 2021
- Born 1986 and earlier can register starting 20 April 2021
- Born 1991 and earlier can register starting 21 April 2021
- Born 1996 and earlier can register starting 22 April 2021
- Born 2003 and earlier can register starting 23 April 2021
We recognize that finding a physician in the Comox Valley is a difficult undertaking. To help ease this task the Comox Valley Division of Family practice has launched a waiting list. You can register online and will be contacted directly when a physician in the valley is accepting new patients.
Tired of standing in line? Try one of their new virtual check-in options and they'll text you when it's your turn.
Text JOIN Your First and Last name to 1-833-682-8536
Go to: VIHA's online waiting room to add yourself to the wait list or reserve a time
In order to improve social distancing at Island Health facilities you now have the option of being contacted via text message when it is appropriate for you to proceed to your appointment. Use of this serves is entirely voluntary and choosing no to will not impact your care. If you choose not to use this service, please follow the instructions provided to you by an Island Health ambassador.
Information will be retained by their servers for approx. 1 hour.
Comox Valley Hospital Lab Hours
Monday - Friday 6:30am to 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am to 1:00pm
The Waitlist is open Monday to Friday at 6:00am and closes at 4:30pm
Saturday 8:30am and closes 12:30pm
We strongly encourage all our patients to book a flu shot appointment through their pharmacy.
We are not able to hold a "Flu Clinic" nor book appointments for only a flu shot due to COVID-19 restrictions. We will have limited flu vaccine available for those patients we book an in person visit for due to their other medical conditions.
If Due to ongoing developments with COVID-19 we regret to inform you that we have made the difficult decision to close our walk in. This will help us keep staff and physicians healthy. If you require the services of a walk in clinic I have provided their contact information below. Please call prior to arriving at the walk in.
Washington Park Medical Clinic
Comox Valley Medical Clinic
Regular scheduled appointments will be conducted over the phone until further notice. This allows us to significantly increase the safety for patients, physician and staff that work within our health care system. Zoom video appointments are available upon request.
If you have questions about telemedicine you can learn more at https://bccfp.bc.ca/myfamilydoctorcares/ or by contacting our office.