We acknowledge that contacting the office maybe difficult at this time due to the higher than normal call volume. The best time to call is:
8:30am - 10:00am Monday to Thursday
8:30am - 12:00pm on Fridays
Please have patients and continue to call. All calls received between 8:30 am - 3:30 pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30 am - 12:00 pm Fridays will be answered
24 Dec 2020 - 8:30am - 12:00pm
25 Dec 2020 - Closed
28 Dec 2020 - Closed
31 Dec 2020 - 8:30am - 12:00pm
1 Jan 2021 - Closed
Information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and BC's roll out plan, please visit the below resources:
Pre-registration opens March 2021. There will be two options to pre-register:
- By Phone
- Health-care facility staff for COVID-19 patients in settings like Intensive Care Units, COVID-19 wards and emergency departments
- Long-term care residents and staff
- Indigenous people living in rural or remote communities
- High risk people living in group settings like shelters
- People over 85 years old
- Seniors aged 80 and over who were not immunized in Phase 1
- Indigenous seniors age 65 and over
- Hospital staff, community family physicians (GPs) and medical specialists not immunized in Phase 1
- Vulnerable populations living and working in select congregated settings
- Staff in community home support and nursing services for seniors
- People aged 79 to 60 in five year increments:
- 79 to 75 (D1 April, D2 May)
- 74 to 70 (D1 April/May, D2 May/June)
- 69 to 65 (D1 May/June, D2 June/July)
- 64 to 60 (D1 June, D2 July)
- People aged 59 to 18 in five year increments.
- 59 to 55 (D1 July, D2 August)
- 54 to 50 (D1 July, D2 August)
- 49 to 50 (D1 July, D2 August)
- 44 to 40 (D1 July/August, D2 August/September)
- 39 to 35 (D1 July/August, D2 August/September)
- 34 to 30 (D1 August, D2 September)
- 29 to 25 (D1 August/September, D2 September)
- 24 to 18 (D1 and D2 September)
Tired of standing in line? Try one of their new virtual check-in options and they'll text you when it's your turn.
Text JOIN Your First and Last name to 1-833-682-8536
Go to: VIHA's online waiting room to add yourself tot he wait list or reserve a time
In order to improve social distancing at Island Health facilities you now have the option of being contacted via text message when it is appropriate for you to proceed to your appointment. Use of this serves is entirely voluntary and choosing no to will not impact your care. If you choose not to use this service, please follow the instructions provided to you by an Island Health ambassador.
Information will be retained by their servers for approx. 1 hour.
Comox Valley Hospital Lab Hours
Monday - Friday 6:30am to 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am to 1:00pm
The Waitlist is open Monday to Friday at 6:00am and closes at 4:30pm
Saturday 8:30am and closes 12:30pm
We strongly encourage all our patients to book a flu shot appointment through their pharmacy.
We are not able to hold a "Flu Clinic" nor book appointments for only a flu shot due to COVID-19 restrictions. We will have limited flu vaccine available for those patients we book an in person visit for due to their other medical conditions.
If Due to ongoing developments with COVID-19 we regret to inform you that we have made the difficult decision to close our walk in. This will help us keep staff and physicians healthy. If you require the services of a walk in clinic I have provided their contact information below. Please call prior to arriving at the walk in.
Washington Park Medical Clinic
Comox Valley Medical Clinic
Regular scheduled appointments will be conducted over the phone until further notice. This allows us to significantly increase the safety for patients, physician and staff that work within our health care system. Zoom video appointments are available upon request.
If you have questions about telemedicine you can learn more at https://bccfp.bc.ca/myfamilydoctorcares/ or by contacting our office.